Friday, June 27, 2014

OH PROCRASTINATION!!!

Are we already here? I knew this day would come. The realization that we have put off a very important task for almost a full month, has hit me hard. I know you've been there and know exactly how I feel, so bear with me a minute while I explain. We knew that when we finished our home studies (meetings with our social worker) that we would have about a month to complete our profile for potential birth mothers. A profile is a book for the birth-mother to review that will help her choose adoptive parents. Most importantly, it needs to communicate the kind of family we are and the kind of life we can provide for the child. This information is presented through pictures of us, our friends and family and stories. A birth-mother can receive so many profiles to view, so it is important for ours to be simple and yet effective at highlighting what make us special. 

Folks, our home studies have been submitted for a final review/approval and alas we have no profile to show for the past month. I am not surprised, this is how I operate. When I was a college student I was one of those students, you know the ones in which I am referring, students who wait until two days before a deadline to begin a 20-page term paper, and still earn a good grade. Don’t hate, it’s my process.

MOMENTUM

The problem, dear friends, is momentum. Oh sure, in the beginning we felt so much excitement and anticipation. We went through our home studies very quickly with the same hopeful feelings. But, the time came when all the paperwork was completed, all questions were answered, and all tests were over, and then we had to wait. WAIT! Oh how I hate that word, let me count the ways. Ultimately, that momentum only takes you so far, until you hit a wall and are left with time to kill. Time, my friend, is the enemy of productivity.

The plan was made for me and Brandon to sit at our comfy dining room table, with a beautifully delicious cup (huge mug) of coffee that would propel us through the crafting of a book of photos and stories. However, the weekend arrives and the weekend departs and no profile. This was three weeks ago people!!! Yes, I hear the collective gasp as you wonder why on earth we would waste precious time. My answer may shock you; however, if you paid attention to the blog post title, I have serious doubts. It is the same answer I gave in college, because there is too much time available and I am a procrastinator. Whew, I feel better already.

So, here we are, down to the wire and take a guess at who is finally ready to start on this project? You guessed it, this gal. Prayers appreciated for the best cup of coffee to be made and the confidence that only God can give that He’s got this and I don’t have to worry ‘bout a thing! 

Oh, if you’d like to show your support in terms in financial giving, we are selling adoption t-shirts for $25, all of the money goes directly to our adoption fund. If you live in town you can email me to purchase one. Out of town readers, there is a PayPal link for you, just be sure to email me with the size you want. We also accept simple donations if you feel led to support us that way. 

Prayers are always accepted in any form!!!!


~Brandon and Nichole~

No comments:

Post a Comment