Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A New Adventure...

New Fundraising Adventure...

Friends, I love photography. I love taking pictures of pretty things, interesting things, inspiring things and just plain weird things. The thing is, (ha ha, like what I did there) I am going to use my talent to help with our adoption and give you something you can cherish for years.

How It Works...

I am offering 1-hour photo sessions, your chosen location, with unlimited poses, 1 outfit change on-location (2 outfits total), a CD with at least 5-10 high resolution photos for printing, and a print release that allows you to print at a high-quality printer. I will also offer a 20-30 minute meeting to discuss the number of people in photo shoot, specific photos you may want, clothing to wear/avoid, your chosen location and time of day for photo session. There is no set price. When photos are delivered, you pay what you want
as a donation to our Adoption, and all proceeds go straight into our Adoption Fund. I will also ask each individual family for permission to advertise with their photos for my future photography business. I also respect your right to maintain your privacy with your photos, so I will have you sign a form either way.

In Other News...

Our home studies have been APPROVED and we have printed our profile book. Hallelujah, thank the Lord Jesus. I thought it would never get here. Let me tell you, months go by so quickly. I still don't know what happened to June and now we are halfway through July, Good Grief!

I woke up this morning and noticed the temp in our home was a blissful 73. I then proceeded to perform an it’s-cool-outside dance while Brandon got ready for work and laughed at me, then opened the doors and windows to let in the wonderfully crisp air. We are closer to AUTUMN and cooler weather, people. I can see all the ugly faces that are being made in my direction by those who love summer, but I don't care, make those faces. Didn't your momma tell you not to make faces, they might stick.

Can I take a minute to brag on some people? I have to because these people are amazing. They might be a little embarrassed, but they deserve some major hand-clapping. Dearest Jennifer, Sara, Mandy, Stacy, Nasha and our incredible adoption social worker, thank you all so much for taking so much of your time listening, proofing, then listening again and again to us talk about this adoption profile. Without your suggestions, ideas and laughter it would not have been possible, Snaps to you.

Someone else who deserves a lot of praise, my husband, Brandon. I must say that this guy has such a big heart. In our profile we had to address certain questions and topics and his answers floored me. They didn't surprise me, but discovering that my husband had these beautiful thoughts of fatherhood hanging out in his head brought tears to my constantly red and puffy eyes.

Trust me, this adoption thing is no emotional cake walk. What do you get when you toss together the rollercoaster of adopting a tiny human, a husband who says the most wonderful things about the kind of father he wants to be and a girl who is naturally emotional about many things that you would find laughable? You get a girl who just about cried at an outdoor movie with hundreds of other people sitting near, watching a Disney movie..."Do you want to build a snowman?" Frozen, anyone?


~Brandon and Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment